Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Do'n My Thing

Continued...


Molly left soon after we found my room-which was huge- saying that she had to get back to work, and that she’ll call before she came by tomorrow to take me shopping.
When the door closed on her I sighed and leaned against it with folded arms.
“This has been one heck of a day.” I said glancing around me. The suit was mostly to my left with a flat screen in each room. Living room was down three stairs filled with colorful couches and fancy chairs and pillows so stuffed with fluff that they were as stiff as a brick.
The kitchen was before the stairs to my left and had a sink, a giant fridge chalk full of food and eating things.
The bedroom was not closer to my taste than the rooms before it were. Huge king sized bed with dark purple drapes and gold tassels, the quilt was tan with purple and pink flowers covering it top to bottom.
The bathroom, like everything else, was bigger than was good for it, and more than ready to have pictures taken as a commercial. It was connected to both the bedroom and the living room.
“So... write, ignore the huge expensiveness, write, check the blog... and look up how many Authorians there are.” I added.
I quickly unpacked my things and placed my satchel by my side and, not even trying to use the flat screen I pulled out my laptop and sat down on the floor. I typed it in and clicked on the first site that came up.


Q: How Many Authorians Are There Really?
A: 98,392,597


“What...? That can’t be right...” I searched on multiple sites but all said roughly the same thing. Finally I sighed and leaned back against the wall.
“Six thirty. I should go eat.” I told myself.
Instead I got up and got out the book I was currently re-reading. The Belgariad. It was the fifth time time I had read the five books by David Eddings, and I planned to read them again after a year or two.
I did what I usually did when I started reading. I ignored everything else around me, my hunger, my need to use the restroom until finally I had no choice in the matter.
I thought, Well, I’m already up, might as well eat. I moved to the fridge and looked around for the milk. Ah! There it is... I reached for it before realizing it was 2%. Should I do it? The last time I had had 2% was on a dare with Rick...
I blanched at the thought. I hadn’t seen any of them in years. I doubted that they even remembered me. I was always the quieter one.
And so I chose a Coke instead and fixed up two PB&J’s and one PB&N, just because I happened to see the Nutella in the cupboard.
Lathering on the peanut butter, jelly and butter-yes, yes, I know, weird, but it’s GOOD!!!-I slapped the four sides together and ate it in five minutes.
Yes, I’m also a fast eater.
Downing the Coke and resorting to the 2% because it is humanly impossible to eat peanut butter or chocolate without it I sat at the couch and planned the rest of the...
I checked my wrist with the ever present, unused hairbands.
...night.
I would just explore the hotel. When I was younger that was the first thing that I would do if Mom and Dad let me, but now I needed to act like an adult.
“Stupid, STUPID expectations!!” I stood up and ‘fixed’ my hair(by ‘fixed’ I mean ‘totally and absolutely frizz it up... more’). “Well... that’s ALL GOING TO CHANGE... no more 'behave!!!s' for me!”



To Be Continued...


† Silent Guardian †

No comments:

Post a Comment