Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Ernest Troupe of Wilde Actors

EPIC!!!! Oh my gosh!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!!

Okay, so last night we, the Ernest Troupe of Wilde Actors, put in the Importance of Being Ernest by Orson Wilde.
It was amazing.
As Miss Prism, Abby and Mary(our directors) I was flirtatious, flighty, oblivious, and talk on a really high voice, which took a while to get down.
I had a fan and a pair of reading glasses, which I was VERY thankful for because when Rev. Chasuble said, "If I was fortunate enough to be Miss Prism's pupil, I would hang upon her lips." Cecily and i snapped our heads up so hard and Chasuble was so clueless, that the crowd laughed for fifteen seconds straight and I had to cover my hand with my fan because I couldn't stop smiling and I was supposed to be shocked.
People were laughing every other line, which is good, because they were funny and said perfectly it was hilarious.
I missed one line that I had been having trouble with all summer.
"People who live entirely for pleasure usually are."
But it totally rocked and at the end all of the girls got flowers and, since it was the first time in seven years that I had been a girl, had forgotten the fact and was pleasantly surprised. :)
Not only that, but afterward a bunch of friends-good friends that u had known for years-came up and said that they hadn't recognized me until someone nearby had asked? "Wait. Is that Mercy?" which was awesome because I love it when that happens.
The last time that no one had recognized me was... two years ago? In Two Gentleman if Verona where I was a Turkish outlaw with the rainbow Turban and the baggy pants and the bowing and the Go-T and mustache... yeah, it was epic. I live having beards.
Not hair beards though. Those I can't say lines around. The ones with the burnt cork? Yep, those are my kind of beard. ;)
Abby slipped on some water and hurt her ankle give minutes before we started so she couldn't give the speech that, as the main director, she was going to give. She's going to live, she has crutches, and we started a bit late, but it's all pretty much good.
In the middle of the second act the lights went and they couldn't get them back on so we paused the scene and when they came back on everyone cheered and they all kept going.
And the performance STILL rocked.
Today Abby and Mary have all been getting emails about how it was the best backyard performance that they had seen, and that the actors where spectacular and how Lady Bracknell, played by Zoƫ, was SO unlike her, who was mild and calm it was just amazing and Chasuble was hilarious and Cecily was so cute and funny and Gwendolyn was funny not only because she was well acted, but because she was totally type-casted. Jack was endearing and Algy was just WOW. Even the butlers, Lane and Merriman were comedy!!
One of the emails that Mary got was an offer to host an extra performance at their house on Saturday.
And several people said that ours was the best Importance if Being Ernest that they had ever seen(including the school's play and both movies). :D
So yeah.
Like I said.
EPIC.
And my grandma and grandpa came in from Seirra Vista AZ, and gran came out for the first scene and a half, and my grandpa made it down from Ojai. AND my Auntie Kate from LA, which is four hours away from our house, so that was nice.
I had something else to say... but I can't, remember! *places fist on forehead*
More kudos.

So yeah, that's my night, and hopefully we'll be able to have another performance. I'll let you know!!!!



† Silent Guardian†

PS, I'm sorry I haven't been posting. Life hasn't been very interesting. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment