Continued...
“You looked pretty shocked when you first saw them.” Molly commented.
So I guess I’m not as good as I thought I was.
“Yeah... I didn’t know that I had a fandom... Authorians...”
Molly gasped loudly. “You’re kidding, right?”
I shrugged and let my hair serve as a wall. My face grew hot with embarrassed for mentioning it. “No.”
“Girl...” Molly shook her head and glanced sideways at me pityingly. “Do you ever go on the computer?”
“Yeah!” I laughed. “But only to write, email, and give hints on my next book on the blog.”
“Wait...” she started. “You have a blog?!”
“Yes.”
“Why haven’t you told anyone?”
“Because I wanted to see how people reacted when I would make predictions that turn out to be mostly true.”
“What is it called?”
“Will you tell anyone?”
“No.”
“TipathaIsIn.blogspot.com.”
“That’s you??”
“Yep-iddi-do-da.”
Molly shook her head. “I placed bets on what was going to happen next by her posts.”
“Really? How much did you win?”
“Not much. I kept on making the wrong bet.”
“I’m sorry, I’ll try to be more obvious in the future.”
Molly laughed. “Do you know the schedule?”
I shook my head. “Nope.”
“You can do what you want today and tomorrow, then I’m going to pick up up at twoish to go to the studio. We on live at seven.”
“How are they going to announce it?”
“With lights, cameras, and action.”
“But of course.” I leaned back in my seat. “What should I wear?”
Molly looked down at what I was wearing. “I’ll take you shopping tomorrow. Where do you usually go?”
I cringed. “Shopping? Where do I usually go? I usually try to avoid the thing, but sometimes I would tag along with griend to Goodwill.”
She blinked. “Goodwill? Is that all?”
“It’s all I need.”
“Ok then. I’ll decide on a list that we can stop by and pick up a few things. What sizes are you?”
I shrugged and grinned, knowing that Molly was not going to be expecting this. “Like I said, I went to Goodwill. I didn’t pay attention to sizes.”
“Hmhm. I don’t doubt it.”
Laughing we pulled up to a fancy looking hotel with a green and gold awning and stone building.
“Here we are, home sweet home.”
I stepped out and pulled my things from the trunk and followed Molly inside.
“Hello, we have a reservation.”
“Name, please?” the spiky black haired boy asked, putting his hands to a keyboard.
“Alex Forest.”
“Thank you. You will be in room 713 on the fourth floor.” Jack-I read his name tag- pulled out a card from underneath the desk and handed it to Molly.
“Would you like any help with your bags, miss?” he asked me.
I shook my head. “No, thank you. I don’t have much, it should be easy.”
He raised an eyebrow but nodded. “Will that be all?”
“Yes, thank you.”
“Have a nice night, ladies.”
We walked over to the elevator and hit the button.
“You... are quite a girl.”
I glanced at Molly curiously. “Why, what do you mean?”
“You didn’t want any help.”
“I could handle it. It’s only three things.”
“Oh, I know you could, but most young ladies in New York wouldn't-or couldn’t-pass up the opportunity to have a handsome young man help them carry their things.”
I started at her wide eyed. “Human girls are so totally weird.”
To Be Continued...
†
† Silent Guardian †
†
No comments:
Post a Comment